5-Whats Fridays! (54th Edition) Billion Dollar Deck, Billion Dollar Loss!#5WFs(54th)
1. What I’m inspired by: The feedback from our 1year anniversary post! Thanks everyone! I was particularly elated to see that our “premium content” per Sharon Okeke, ACCA had inspired others to birth new writing. Congratulations Faith Ogedengbe who sent me a link to her “10 Things This Week” which I found really interesting, cool, and subtly evocative of the beautiful, honest writing of the blogspot era. Take a look here: https://bit.ly/38maaIF
2. What I’m reading: “5 Books My CEO Read to go from $0 to $30million”. Read here: https://bit.ly/3MjACkM
3. What I’m excited about: 2 things! i.) Textio. Call it a Grammarly for business writing. This augmented writing software ensures your corporate communications is on-brand, on-objective and delivers! A gender inclusive email, employer branding brochure, culture change policy document? Whatever. Textio fits your language for purpose. Learn more here: https://textio.com/
ii.) Elon Musk’ Twitter pitch deck; slash dependence on ads., 5x revenue to >$26b by 2028 and more! https://bit.ly/3Me4DlP Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for takeoff, the blue bird is finally going to the moon…!
4. What I did: Moved around a bit to get things done! Are you one of us? Those who move from kitchen table to living room to… anywhere that enables us achieve specific work objectives. This time I upped and left, then returned with some hitherto lingering to-dos tucked under my belt. Feeling stuck? Perhaps what you need is to get away, get it done and then get back. Rooting for you. Good luck!
5. What’s up: Peloton selling off 20% of its stake! The Peloton story is one for the books. See rise and fall here: https://bit.ly/3LdYpRT . A case of making permanent (and rapid) business decisions on temporary high market demand, this time, with billion dollar repercussions; factories, product lines, employees and now, a minority stake divestment. More here: https://bit.ly/3Nw42MX
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays