My Lesson from Harrison’s Ford 5th Indiana Jones Movie. #5WFs (6th)
One job can make life complete… my birthday and life from earth to space!
- What I’m inspired by: 78 year old Harrison Ford shooting the 5th movie instalment of Indiana Jones. How does one opportunity become life-defining work? Work that impacts (the world), fulfills (self) and outlives (one’s existence). #Work that makes life worth it. How does one get there? Selah.
- What I’m reading: “#Grit” by Angela Duckworth . Been taking this thesis-like book in morsels, each page a nod-worthy moment. Let’s share one: how do you move from talent to achievement? Talent x Effort = Skill. Then Skill x Effort = Achievement. Simply put; effort counts twice! Phew! “Hardwork” doesn’t seem to be going anywhere soon.
- What I’m excited about: The race to space! This July; ready, set and …! Seems Bezos is going to beat Musk and Branson afterall. The first billionaire private citizen to fly to space in his own invention. I will cheer from God’s green earth as I focus on no-less important terrestrial matters like getting from Lagos mainland to the Island in record time. You?
- What I did: 2 things. i.) Sat with Debo Omotunde for an invaluable session on life and business. I’m privileged. Thank you Sir! ii.) Received my autographed copy of Tomi Fawehinmi ‘ book: “A-Z of Customer Service. How to Constantly win Big with the 21st Century Customer.” Finally — and it’s so good. Congratulations and well-done. You can get a copy here. https://lnkd.in/dbMd6RQ
5. What’s up: My birthday of course! Today, June the 11th. Come on, there is nothing cliché about a birthday. Particularly not in this decade. Thankful and hopeful. A happy birthday to me!
Birthday Bonus: What’s funny: First Bank of Nigeria Ltd. sending me birthday wishes and debit alerts in tandem. :-) A bank’s gotta do what a bank’s gotta do right? *shrugs*
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Click below to read and follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays