A Battle of Mavericks and the Victory Speech.#5WFs(62nd)
1. What I’m inspired by: The graciousness displayed by Ons Jabeur while fielding questions after her 2022 Wimbledon semifinal win over her close friend, Tatjana Maria. In today’s world where self-adulation is an imperative for modern success, it was refreshing to see the Tunisian, who now holds the record as the first African and first Arab woman to reach the finals of the Wimbledon, show how best to do a victory speech; with humility, respect and a dash of humour. Watch here: https://lnkd.in/diEmEcUw
2. What I’m reading: Elon Musk’s withdrawal of his $40b Twitter acquisition bid. Twitter is not letting go easily. The optics don’t look good too, as reflected by tumbling share prices. This could end very quickly or become a long drawn battle. Either way, it’s a front row view to what is classic boardroom politicking and/or negotiation tactic. So who is maverick enough to call whose bluff? We’ll see. Read more here: https://bit.ly/3PhICng
3. What I’m excited about: The holiday upon us. A long one. A meaty one! Happy Eid-el-Kabir everyone!
4. What I did: Came down with a cold. *Sniffles* I hear we might be back to masking up. A fifth wave they say. More from the NCDC here: https://bit.ly/3nQM50C
5. What’s up: A journey I have undertaken- leafing through old journals to reignite past light bulb moments. One from 2018 brought this quote by George Bernard Shaw and lifted me from the doldrums of disappointments; “This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy”.
So what are you going to do about it? Give a rant of entitlement or grow through it? I hope you choose the latter.
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays