A Moroccan Love Story with A Tasty Super Bowl.#5WFs (41st.)
Rap, Hip-hop and Culture on display at the 2022 Superbowl?
1. What I’m inspired by: How our hearts journeyed together as we saw one of ours; a son, brother, nephew, child…ours, in that 32m deep well in Morocco. It showed we are more connected than divided. As men and machines rallied by the minute to save 1 person, 1 boy, demonstrating the significance of each life, I was reminded of the story of a shepherd who left 99 sheep to look for 1 lost sheep. We lost Rayan, but he taught us something; that when we answer the call of love, we honour not only our humanity but the divinity in our humanity.
2. What I’m reading: The rise of live e-commerce; a market “expected to account for almost 20% of all e-commerce in the next 4 years”. China leads this market with a $423b projection for 2022. This McKinsey & Company article provides insights and shows how you leverage live e-commerce for transforming shopping experiences.
3. What I’m excited about: 3 things at the 2022 #SuperBowl other than the game. i.) The national anthem rendition. (Whitney Houston redefined this in 1991 with an iconic performance that turned a national anthem into a hit single!) ii.) The halftime show; a nerve-wracking deal for even the biggest of artistes. This year has 5 big names. Will they give us a show of a lifetime? iii.) The commercials. Some brands will be celebrated. Others will be booed. Some agencies will be lambasted. Others will be wooed. And as usual, the colossal ads., both hits and misses will then find their way into marketing case studies for eternal debate.
4. What I did: Walked away from a deal and this time, without a jot of regret. Bestselling author, Richard Carlson calls it the principle of non-attachment. In his book “Don’t Worry, Make Money”, he writes; “Be prepared to walk away from a negotiation…this doesn’t mean that you do walk away, only that you’re comfortable doing so. You’re not attached one way or the other.” It makes you less desperate and shifts the power dynamic in your favour.
5. What’s up: #Wardle is free from #Wordle! Remember, I wrote about how Josh Wardle, the founder of the viral and addictive puzzle #Wordle, was overwhelmed by its accidental global success? See here: https://lnkd.in/e43fUvhu Well, he can now relax, as The New York Times has acquired his game. Read here: https://lnkd.in/enPxmuCk Guy is relieved and $1million richer! Not bad for a fortuitous outcome, you say? You know what? I agree! Here’s to a weekend of #Wordles and a Happy Valentine’s Week ahead!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays