All Things Trite and Beautiful…#5WFs(55th)
Warren Buffet’s Favourite company and Top Gun: Maverick!
1. What I’m inspired by: Trite sayings that got me through the week; “Slow and steady wins the race”, “How do you eat an elephant? A bite at a time”, “Little drops of water, make a mighty ocean”. About trite sayings, I’m reminded of this softly gripping story peppered with some. A 2021 Caine Ako prize shortlist by Ugandan Doreen Baingana. This is an unforgettable one. Take your time. https://bit.ly/3wDFxGF
2. What I’m reading: “Why a small candy company is Warren Buffett’s ‘dream’ investment”. Apparently the Oracle of Omaha’s favourite company is not on the Fortune500 and represents 0.1% of Berkshire Hathaway’s holdings. So why does #Buffet call this the “prototype business”? See here: https://bit.ly/3MBokEy
3. What I’m excited about: The secret behind Elden Ring, a video game released in February selling over 12m copies already! Let’s just say it has something to do with Game of Thrones and a confirmation that the gift of good writing is still human, artificial intelligence regardless. Here: https://econ.st/3yNOvnt
4. What I did: Called a friend. For someone who lives in her head a lot, this proved to be tremendously helpful. So next time you are stuck, overwhelmed by the audience (too much information) with too high a risk to roll a dice, phone a friend. And that friend better be good!
5. What’s up: Top Gun: Maverick! This cult-classic has a remake and I hear it’s fantastic. Has Tom Cruise mastered the art and science of the box office? One thing is sure though, a 36 year hiatus between the 1st and 2nd demystifies the sophomore jinx. I’m watching this one for sure. After all, it’s royally endorsed!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays