Attention! Search for Young Talents Ready to Migrate. #5WFs (30th)
1. What I’m inspired by: A family that stays together! Thanks to the Williams Sisters and #KingRichardTheMovie. Despite years of divisive media commentary spoiling for a sibling-showdown and family dirt, the sisters have proven that a united house will always win.
Provoking press innuendoes have been met with an unyielding stance of mutual respect, a refusal to play in the court of murky public curiosity and a sworn obligation to honour the imperfect yet sacred entity called family. Perhaps warring parties of fractionated families and torn teams can learn that there’s no unit devoid of drama. To make progress however, we need a cohesive front because a house divided against itself cannot stand.
2. What I’m reading: The battle for migrants! The pandemic has amplified a global imbalance in labour markets where “rich nations produce too few new workers, while countries with a surplus of young people often lack work for all”.
Now, wealthy nations are scrambling to close this gap in a race to “recruit, train and integrate foreigners”; fast track visas, permanent residencies, redesigned immigration programmes, etc. Strangely, the problematic question now is; “what if there are not enough qualified workers who want to move?” See here: https://lnkd.in/dcAm2a7y
3. What I’m excited about: This 30th edition! Wow! Thanks to everyone who finds the time to read, share and comment. I hope your experience reading this has not been as gruelling as it’s been for me bringing it on a weekly basis. (Lol) Thank you!
4. What I did: Undertook a Not-For-Profit social intervention project designed for widows and orphans. On the 22nd of December, 2021, we will be supporting a 100 families from Makoko, a poor, vulnerable and socioeconomically disadvantaged community in Lagos, Nigeria, with food packs, accommodation rent, school fees and petty business grants. This is a call to corporate organizations and well-meaning individuals who would like to support this initiative. We are happy to provide a detailed proposal and necessary clarification. Please reach me directly or comment “interested” below and we will reach out to you. Gracias!
5. What’s up: Black Friday! …and Cyber Monday! Who is going broke this weekend? Not me! Here is a helpful article on, “What to Do When Inflation Cuts into Your Black Friday Deals.” https://lnkd.in/dkf-_Are
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays