Mind over Matter!#5WFs (32nd)
1. What I’m inspired by: The story behind the glory. While everyone is taken with MainOne’ $320m acquisition by Equinix Inc., I am taking a moment to reflect, like I did when I first read the story several years ago, on what kind of mindset a woman would possess to pioneer such a Big Hairy Ambitious project; laying a 7,000km submarine cable from Europe to Africa! I have heard fola adeola and Karl Olutokun Toriola at different fora, refer to the ambitiousness of this project and the feeling was the same — a deep sense of respect for the woman #FunkeOpeke . Thank you ma’am for letting us know that what really matters is not gender or other kinds of limitations, rather it’s a mind made up!
2. What I’m reading: 21 things that happened for the first time in 2021. This year recorded many historical firsts but wait, the wireless connection of a human brain to a computer? See more here: https://lnkd.in/gNSu6PfT
3. What I’m excited about: Web3! To be honest, I’m more petrified than excited about this. How is it that the Internet is getting obsolete, just as we catch up? As with these changes, there are always labels. While “Big Tech” (Meta, Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon) fall under web2, web3 is the “you ain’t seen nothing yet” era that is coming for us. How to deal with these changes? Well, the same way you eat an elephant. One bite at a time. You can start by reading up on web3 here: https://lnkd.in/gpAyg9yv and here https://lnkd.in/gThh7rqR
4. What I did: Walked the tightrope of deadlines while combating a debilitating flu and fever. Glad to be on the mend as I progressively ease back into full gear!
5. What’s up: #AngelaMerkel’s time as Chancellor of Germany! According to The New York Times; “Under Merkel, Germany became Europe’s leading power for the first time in modern history” giving #OlafScholz the incoming Chancellor the task of “trying to live up to the high expectations set by Merkel.” What a way to end an era. Question, how do you really want to end this year? You still got a few days… Let’s get going!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays