My Spin around the Sun & Saying “No” to Good Ideas.#5WFs(58th)
1. What I’m inspired by: The transformation story of the man behind Multiverse. From a drunken youth who did not enjoy studying to founding a #Startup for alternative schooling, Euan Blair, son of former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, is set to flip traditional university education as the requirement for certain job placements. https://bit.ly/3aVpa10 Not only is the organization Multiverse, now valued at £1.4b https://bit.ly/3HhjudU (putting the 38 year old’ personal fortune far above his father’), it’s earned him an MBE recognition for his contribution towards the education system! Such a stirring irony.
2. What I’m reading: “The Lucrative Economics of Expert Witnesses.” Still reeling from what -even John Grisham- would rank as one of the all-time best legal drama series? What did you say? Hearsay!? Come on, at least admit you learnt a thing or two. If you didn’t, then consider the booming industry of paid expert witnesses, in a judicial system that works. Naturally, medical professionals get the highest paid gigs. See breakdown from fees to annual revenue and more here: https://bit.ly/3tQkSyH
3. What I’m excited about: My day! I turn a year older Saturday, June 11th. Grateful and hopeful, always. Happy birthday Omole.
4. What I did: Joined friends as we celebrated the Golden Jubilee of one of ours Oyebolaji Fadase. It felt good to find some good in the midst of last week’ national doom and gloom. Congratulations again Oyebolaji Fadase and cheers to the next 50! kelechukwu anunibe Anu Hassan ACS, ACA Omotola Egbedeyi Eniola Ositelu FUNMILAYO OGUNNIYI Prince Ademola Adetoyese Olawole Akinniyi Fajimi Olukunle Olugbenro Biodun Oke (MBA MCIM ACIB FICA) Olubukola Fadase Wemimo Olayanju Edna joseph Olasunkanmi Olayanju, CMQ-OE, IFC-LPI TPMA Certified Trainer
5. What’s up: “I have ideas all the time. The most dangerous ideas are not the bad ideas. Those you can discard easily. The dangerous ideas are the ones that are good-but not great. Yes, it *could* work, and yes, I *could* do it — but that doesn’t mean I should.” An excerpt from this; “12 Pieces of Business Advice” by HubSpot Co-Founder Dharmesh Shah.
What’s more, #WarrenBuffet agrees; “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.” Here’s the full read: https://bit.ly/3QhXTpx
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFriday