On Eggs and Bars of Soap.#5WFs (52nd)
1. What I’m inspired by: This beautiful story on how leftover bars of hotel soap got transformed into a social enterprise that saves lives globally. Simple idea. Powerful impact. Sounds like something you want to adopt? Well, you saw it here first. https://bit.ly/3MLeGit
2. What I’m reading: “The economics of movie product placement.” Wait! “The Fast and Furious franchise …wrecked a total of 1,487 cars over its first 7 movies”?! Yes, props can be expensive in movie making and brand partnerships come in handy for this. This article explores the dynamics surrounding brands in movies. Are they paid or free? What are the pros and cons? Who really benefits from these partnerships and who are the stakeholders that make this happen? Read more here: https://bit.ly/3LvzI49
3. What I’m excited about: The end of a month and the beginning of another! Phew! Surely, 2022 will let us catch our breath, right?
4. What I did: Signed up as a mentor for the 2022 Teach For Nigeria mentoring programme. It’s always a privilege to impact. Looking forward to sharing — and learning, because mentoring benefits both parties actually. Thanks to Jemima Beulah for the recommendation!
5. What’s up: The price of eggs! What to do? Backward integration, perhaps. With people, including my mum, beginning to talk about rearing chickens, here are some “eggcellent cashflow opportunities” worth considering; https://bit.ly/3koKsp8 .
Have a blissful holiday.
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays