The Attention Economy!#5WFs(61st)
1. What I’m inspired by: The democratization of influence! What a joy to know that whether you are Khabane Lame from Senegal or Charli D’Amelio from America, you can rule the world. Even if it’s just TikTok nation. Many thanks to technology for enabling this! See story here: https://tcrn.ch/3yw3QYb
2. What I’m reading: This stunningly accurate Dec. 1st, 1997 prediction of what would characterize our today cyber lives. Writer, Michael H. Goldhaber, also labeled the “internet prophet”, was right on the money when he penned; “The currency of the new economy won’t be money, but attention”. Makes me wonder what he thinks about the next decades; blockchain, AI, web3?! Read up “attention economy” forecast here: https://lnkd.in/daMwCS-R
3. What I’m excited about: Everything Smart! After working on this for years, the CEO of Mojo Vision became the first person to try out the prototype lens that tracks information and displays results over your eye interface without interrupting your focus. The Smart contact lens with a built-in display gives you the ability “…to lock in on content, scan text and see graphics floating in space in front you.” Yes, just like the movies. As a YouTube comment read; “…this both frightens and intrigues me”. Watch here: https://bit.ly/3bE3o21
4. What I did: Attended the Accelerate Conference by The Elevation Church, a powerful mid-year schedule of teachings on faith, business & career! Quite the needed defibrillator to a waning 2022 gusto. See sessions from industry experts; Ibukun Awosika Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli Femi Edun here: https://lnkd.in/dRqZQvJX
5. What’s up: The 2nd half of the year and an opportunity for a fresh start. Let’s make it count. Have a great weekend!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays