The Fight for Good News! #5WFs (51st)
1. What I’m inspired by: The fight for good news! Never before in modern history has there been a critical need to battle for our souls. To confront this collective agenda to steal from us the sacredness of our humanity; our ability to feel, to empathize, to be shocked, to hope. We have become numbed zombies reeling in constant flux from soul crushing, heart stopping news.
So this is the fight; a constraint to swipes and clicks that nourish the soul rather than ponder on canvas of frustrations, to become an annoyingly unrelenting purveyor of glad tidings in the midst of the dark. Because, perhaps what we need this time are not pervasive documented stark realities, but pervading pictures of what can be and the good that is.
2. What I’m reading: “The Danger of Excessive Distraction” by The Economist. This piece highlights the ballooning role of Central Banks across the world as a diversion from core responsibilities such as stopping inflation. These distractions? Introducing digital currencies, reacting to geopolitics and much more. See here: https://econ.st/3vFYbgE
3. What I’m excited about: Jeffery Gitomer’s Sales Bible. A year post purchase, I’m finally digging in and loving it. Termed “The Ultimate Sales Resource” and “…one book that defines its category”, it’s as practical as insightful. In my opinion, selling is a life skill for one and all. #ZigZiglar agrees; “…everyone is in sales. Maybe you don’t hold the title of a salesperson, but if the business you are in requires you to deal with people, you, my friend, are in sales”.
4. What I did: Welcomed the sound of baby cries into our family again! Yipee! Thanks to my sister Izere Imosemi, I get to relive that unmatched experience of discovering life through the eyes of a newborn. Even the mundane looks magical and it’s a whole new world, a new horizon to pursue…
5. What’s up: The number of subscribers leaving Netflix! 200,000 subscribers lost in Q1, 2022 with further losses projected in Q2. Plunging stocks & investor exits have followed a disappointing Q1 performance for streaming platforms. Read up on this nosedive and what Netflix is doing to accelerate growth, including a crackdown on password sharing! https://cnb.cx/3rLlMLK
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays