The Joy of Missing Out#5WFs (36th.)
The only time-management tool you’ll ever need.
1. What I’m inspired by: One of my all-time favourite quotes that gives meaning to today’s work, drudgery regardless; “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” Bill Gates. You’ll get there. #KeepGoing
2. What I’m reading: A review of Scott Galloway’s predictions for 2021. He was right on the money for some. Others, dead wrong. The 2022 predictions are out with interesting takes such as “The Zuckerverse is the Biggest Tech Fail of 2022”. A somewhat complex read for non-Bloombergers, but assuredly peppered with nuggets for literally everyone. See here https://lnkd.in/dfRM-uvC or listen to the podcast here: https://lnkd.in/dxXCUH2c
3. What I’m excited about: The 2022 Global Bookbased Learning Summit by BRANDLEE SOLUTIONS! We have been slicing & dicing the curriculum for this year, and by God, it’s good! How do we, our teams and organizations create the best work at the highest levels of productivity, especially with an attention span that is reportedly now less than 8 seconds?
Learn tips, tools and techniques from the world’s best minds. For more info, and to include in your L&D programme for 2022, see here: https://lnkd.in/dgW6ivTv
4. What I did: Queued a #TodayinFocus podcast by The Guardian titled; The Joy of Missing Out: How to Manage your Time in 2022. Oliver Burkeman has researched and tried about every productivity hack. This is an interview on his findings and book; “ ‘Four Thousand Weeks’ (the average human lifespan)”, where he lets us know the sad, liberating truth; ‘mastery of time is never quite achievable’. So what do we do? Highly recommended weekend listen: https://lnkd.in/dAuAMCEM
5. What’s up: The holiday! All the fever, completely gone! Like a heavy anti-climax and brutal punch of reality. Who else feels like they are one month in already, on day 7? Brace up. We’ve only just begun. My advice? Search for inspiration, find it and hold on to it. You’re gonna need it!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays