The “lamborghini of mattresses”& a lipstick comeback. #5WFs (42nd)
1. What I’m inspired by: A quote from the legend, Al Davis, that came rushing back to me from my 2019 reflection notes; “A great leader doesn’t treat problems as special. He treats them as normal. If you’re working, expect problems. If you’re dealing with family, expect problems. If you’re just minding your own business, expect problems. If everything goes according to plan, you should be pleasantly surprised. If it doesn’t and you’ve planned accordingly, you won’t get frustrated. A problem anticipated is an opportunity. A problem not anticipated is a problem.”
2. What I’m reading: Fintech, Healthtech, Proptech, Edtech and now… Sleeptech! Think wearables, sensors and the “lamborghini of mattresses” ( https://lnkd.in/dYXv9x9s ) all designed to give you that sweet, deep, healthy sleep. The Economist writes a piece; “The sleeptech industry is waking up”, highlighting a burgeoning restiveness of products, services and sector investments for a target market that’s literally…all humans? Read here: https://econ.st/3s1RogB or here https://lnkd.in/d8D5D3Tg for a distilled version.
3. What I’m excited about: The return of the pout! As countries progressively remove the mask mandate, lipsticks across the world will be making a triumphant resurgence on forlorn lips, closely accompanied by their sisters, the face-beat crew. This comeback from a pandemic –influenced makeup redundancy makes for timely marketing campaign; launch new line of products (think new beginnings, resilience, survival, gratitude… or liberation!). Discounts anyone? Use the code MASKOFF at checkout or just a cheeky campaign theme. I already gave you one, “Return of the Pout… Mwah!” You’re welcome.
4. What I did: Put finishing touches to our BRANDLEE SOLUTIONS 2022 IWD #BreakTheBias workshop! Looking for an impactful #IWD2022 programme for your organization, here is one: https://bit.ly/3BBW7ca See feedback from past participants here! https://lnkd.in/d4EPVnwT You may reach me directly to discuss this further.
5. What’s up: Flared tempers and hot exchanges, fuelled by a lack of fuel! I reckon it wasn’t you I saw, veins throbbing, eyes blazing, having a shout-down on that snarling queue? I confess, yours truly might have had some, *scratches head and looks away*, transfer of aggression episodes, SO this weekend, we are all going to de-escalate the situation. Press play and let’s sway, to a very much needed “coolu temper” by the maestro, Lagbaja. https://bit.ly/35915AG I’m dancing. I know you’re dancing too. Have a beautiful weekend and a full tank of joy!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays