The Will of Will Smith…#5WFs(28th)
On Disha, Books and the Timeless Nobility of True Intelligence
1. What I’m inspired by: Mellody Hobson’s session at the 2021 #DealBook Online Summit by the The New York Times, which also had Meghan the Duchess of Sussex as co-guest. Speaking on a range of issues centering on “advancing women equality”, particularly in the workplace, I had just one question; how is it possible that I do not know this woman? The simplicity and eloquence with which she displayed her depth of professionalism and breadth of experience served me a lesson; erudition is and will always be a noble aspiration. #NewRoleModelAlert Watch the session here: https://lnkd.in/eEWvrjfF
2. What I’m reading: #HisOnlyWife by Peace A. Medie. What do you do when you get picked as reviewer of the month by a bookclub? You buy the scheduled book, read up and get ready to share! A few pages in and it already feels like fantastic fiction. A #ReeseWitherspoonBookclub pick, Kirkus Reviews calls it, “A Crazy Rich Asians for West Africa.” Apparently, my weekend’s booked! #PunIntended Parrésia Publishers Ltd #PeaceAdzoMedie
3. What I’m excited about: Flutterwave’s acquisition of Disha! This is such good news. Not a few of us were sad to see Disha announce their proposed shutdown. The platform gave so much value and looked like it had more to give. Glad that Flutterwave is onboard to explore possibilities and unlock the potential that Disha holds. Looking forward! Olugbenga GB Agboola Evans Akanno
4. What I did: Attended the 2021 Africa International Film Festival — AFRIFF. Loads of screenings and learnings! There were sessions on Rules and Eligibility of Nigerian Submissions for The Oscars, Producing Blockbusters for the Big Screen, Film Industry Financing and so much more! Guess what? You can catch conversations replay on #AFRIFFTV here: https://lnkd.in/evt3JT_g
5. What’s up: #WillSmith! Yes! Last week, The Fresh Prince premiered his YouTube Original Series; “The Best Shape of My Life” — raw, edgy and inspiring content. Arguably one of the best things you’ll find right now in this $104.2billion global creator economy (https://lnkd.in/eREjDJTJ), the series captures Will Smith on a quest to lose 20 pounds in 20 weeks while writing his autobiography! Now that’s one gruelling schedule but where there is a Will…. The book is out! I can’t wait to read it. The Best Shape of My Life is a recommended weekend watch. Let me know what you think.
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays