What We Can Learn from Rafael Nadal. #5WFs (40th.)
You are only a write-off when you write yourself off!
1. What I’m inspired by: “Rafael Nadal’s body may be creaking but his desire remains undimmed”, the subject of this article https://lnkd.in/d2TabTQ8 by The Guardian, that gently highlights hunger (and humility) as a backdrop for Nadal’s staying power and heroic comeback. Perhaps what we need for a 2022 that is slowly losing its New Year bolster and lustre. #HangOn #StayHungry #AustralianOpen2022
2. What I’m reading: “You Can Negotiate Anything”, by Herb Cohen. Looking to cut to the chase with business conversations this year? Then you have to sharpen the saw and a good book does just that! What are you reading?
3. What I’m excited about: A month with birthdays of my nearest and dearest, starting with my dad who turned a year older on the 1st of February. We are immensely grateful to God for life and good health. Thanks daddy for being truly exceptional!
4. What I did: Hit the 40th! No, not my birthday. Believe it, we have rolled out an edition of “5 What’s Fridays”, every week, for 40 weeks, without fail. Phew! Like I wrote in the 27th edition; “They lied! The hard work is not to start-up, it’s to plough-through.” Thanking the readership and looking forward to 1 year together!
5. What’s up: The impending onslaught of virtual events; conferences, summits, seminars, etc., following the release of the long awaited LinkedIn #AudioRooms #AudioEvents feature. (Still Beta).
https://lnkd.in/dyJztnzV LinkedIn now joins Clubhouse, Meta, Twitter, Spotify and other players in the fight for an #audiomarket that is projected to account for 50% of all content by 2025! See here: https://lnkd.in/dKYDATf6 So how does one effectively manage overwhelming and constantly expanding tech options? Hear, “In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”, Shunryu Suzuki. I hope this helps. Have a great weekend!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays