Why Those 30 under 30, 40 under 40 lists …. Do Not Make Sense.#5WFs (39th.)
Your value is not dependent on chronology
1. What I’m inspired by: The over 50’s list! Did you miss the 30 under…, 40 under…. lists? Especially when it was not a ‘thing’ in your time? Forbes released its 2022 EMEA 50 women over 50 list; leaders & pioneers making significant impact across industries, and it was heartening to see. https://lnkd.in/dE6kz2Ru The value of one’s achievement should not be absolutely tied to a life timeline; dynamics differ — resources, opportunities, culture, technology, skillset, policies, and personal scenarios. My biggest take away; if you don’t put me on your list, no problem. I’ll just make mine up, and it counts!
2. What I’m reading: The case for #Lottocracy — a political system that advocates the assignment of government roles amongst citizens via random lottery selection. Sounds crazy, but academics and theorists think this might be the answer to the dented democracy system. What do you think? Aye? Nay? More on Lottocracy here: https://lnkd.in/dWKtCNfq
3. What I’m excited about: The lineup of 2022 business outlook events, a regular feature of Q1 that provides data, analysis and forecast, on macros and micros across sectors. This is especially needed for business decision making. Pro Tip: Hosting one of these is a brand positioning tool that asserts industry thought leadership, so if you are into consulting, finance or research, you definitely should have one in the offing. Here are 2 to attend; Nairametrics #EconomyOutlook https://lnkd.in/d9nGGVPU and #BusinessOutlook by FATE Foundation https://lnkd.in/ddv_e_3W. Any others? Please drop in comment section.
4. What I did: Paid a congratulatory visit to the new MD of Berger Paints Nigeria Plc In the past, as colleagues, it would have been strategy sessions, dogged meetings, and needle-pushing operations that draw on mind, body and soul, leaving us exhilarated and exhausted! Those were the Chemical And Allied Products Plc days. This time, it was reminiscences, inspiration and gratitude. Doubly so, with the best people; DOMINIC OLADEJI, MCIM (UK) Adenike Sanni. Congratulations Adeyemi Adetomiwa on your appointment!
5. What’s up: The first month! The ink is not even dry on our 2022 goals and we are saying good bye to January!? Utterly unbelievable. A word for you from Sam Levenson; ‘Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going’. See you in February!
Every Friday-ish, I do a quick round up of 5 things; What I’m Inspired by, What I’m Reading, What I’m Excited About, What I Did and What’s Up! These are my takes on 5 significant, sublime and sometimes silly stuff! Follow me on Medium so you don’t miss this! Feedback’s great so don’t forget to clap, like, comment and share with others. Again…enjoy! #5WhatsFridays